Saturday, August 28, 2010

A LEGO Celebration...

My little man is ALMOST "5". Today we celebrated his birthday with some of his friends. Since Lukas plays with Lego's all day (he comes down to eat and then goes back to his Lego's) we decided to have a LEGO theme party. I always enjoy making my kids birthday cake and really enjoy the whole party planning. This year I tried using fondant for the first time and made all of these great little Lego's. It took over two hours to make them, but I really loved the way they turned out. Lukas LOVED his cake and all the kids couldn't wait to eat the Lego's Isn't this so cute? I had some leftovers so I put them around the side. Mom, Lukas and Dad Five candles on his birthday cake Lukas and his best friend Colton

We had a LEGO tower contest. Whoever built the tallest tower in 5 minutes won the prize.
Cupcakes with the toppers I made using my cricut machine


For the goodie bags everyone got a new box of crayons, some of those rubber bracelets that go back to their original shape when you take them off and... LEGO coloring and connect-the-dot sheets.
Lukas had a wonderful party and can say he has now had a 1 handed birthday.
I linked up to
UndertheTableandDreaming

4 comments:

  1. How cute and fun. Lukas would get along great with my 8 year old who is obsessed with legos, and too asked for a lego birthday this Oct. Everything looks cute, well done Samantha. Thanks for your sweet Congrats too. Hope your weekend is great. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute idea with the legos. I always run out of ideas when it comes to cakes but my boys LOVE legos. I'll have to borrow that idea too.

    ReplyDelete