Saturday, April 17, 2010

What's Cooking In Our House...

I always try to do something creative with food for my kids. So when it comes to snack time at preschool I can't help but try to make something fun! Here is a quick and easy snack I made for my son's preschool class and for a snack today. Butterfly celery sticks.

Ingredients:
Celery stalks
Cream cheese
Craisins or Raisins
Large pretzels
Pretzel sticks

Start by cutting your celery sticks in half or thirds. Next spread each stick with cream cheese and then add craisins on top. (for the body) Next place two pretzel sticks on top for the antennas. Last you can spread some cream cheese on the back of the celery stick to attach your large pretzels. Who knew those large pretzels made such good butterfly wings. The combination of cream cheese, craisins and salty pretzels is wonderful. Give them a try. Your kids will love them. Happy Cooking

3 comments: