Saturday, April 10, 2010

What's Cooking In Our House...

Well it's already Saturday again and I had planned on making my favorite dinner tonight, but something better is going on in our house!! It's date night! Whoop Whoop!! My hubs and I are going out for dinner WITHOUT KIDS. So I decided to go ahead and share my recipe with you anyways. Chicken Gumbo! It's such an easy recipe and only takes 4-5 ingredients. How can you beat that. It freezes well and taste even better the next day. The recipe below does not call for black beans, but I always add a can. Happy Cooking!

Chicken Gumbo
3 tbs. vegetable oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 smoked sausage, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1 bag (16oz) Birds Eye frozen Farm Fresh Mixtures Broccoli, Corn and Red Peppers
1 can (14 1/2oz) Stewed Tomatoes (I like the ones with diced green chilies)
1 1/2 cups water

*Heat oil in large saucepan over high heat. Add chicken and sausage; cook until browned, about 8 minutes.
*Add vegetables, tomatoes and water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium cover and cook 3 minutes.

Makes 4-6 servings

1 comment:

  1. Gah. You know I know where you live. You know I might swing by one of these Saturdays.
    You've been warned. : )

    ReplyDelete